Things you learn

So, I may of mentioned that I have also done the DNA testing for my genealogy. If I haven't, well I also did DNA testing for my genealogy. Before I did it myself only one cousin on my paternal (father's) side had done it. Since then my sister, 3 cousins n that side have done and recently one cousin on my maternal (mothers) side has done the test. We have found 3 cousins on my paternal side we didn't know we had. A first cousin of mine had 3 kids we didn't know of. Well couple of people heard he had a daughter but that was about it. Well find out he had 3 kids by 3 different mothers. I kind of expected something like this from that side of the family, just not from this family member. He was also apparently involved with a lot of, um, let's say extracurricular activities. Well I found out some news last night about my first cousin on my maternal side who was tested. It was mind blowing and I am still not too sure how I feel about it because I never expected anything like this from my aunt, his mom, and my the sister of my mom. We always, well majority of us anyway, thought my aunts' first husband was the father of all three of her kids. She was married to the guy until his death,  due to a heart condition, about 4 months after my cousin was born. Well he got his DNA back, and didn't match to anyone with the name of his presumed father. But he did match this other family, come to find out that the man that he thought all 53 years of his life to be his dad wasn't his biological father, and to top it off, his older brother and his sister-in-law knew about it this whole time, and we're pretty sure my mom knew. Makes you wonder what else people hide. 

Comments